Austin NARI members are invited to compete for the prestigious Austin NARI 2017 BUZZ Awards in recognition of their achievements in marketing excellence in the remodeling industry between December 1, 2016 and September 1, 2017.
No matter what your BUZZ experience level, follow these easy steps to be sure your entry is given full consideration by the judges and your marketing work receives the recognition it deserves.
Why You Should Enter (All NARI Members can enter these categories)
Buzz awards are for NARI Member who does any of the marketing for their firms from one-person shops to the largest remodeling firms. Companies report that winning an award is a major factor in enhancing their image within the industry and with prospective customers, and is a major morale booster for their employees. The numerous marketing opportunities available to CotY winners help set your business apart from other remodeling companies, and NARI helps by providing tools and resources to make the most of this distinguished honor.
Preparing a Winning Entry
Your ability to present your project in a manner that helps judges distinguish your project will go a long way to set you apart from the competition. The following tips from judges and staff are provided as guidelines, and are derived from feedback from recent program years:
- Plan your entry. A winner’s entry is always well thought out. Arrange your photos & marketing statements, etc.
- Describe the objective of the advertisement and any obstacles and how they were handled.
- Avoid filling up your entry pages with too many words. Include only details that will help the judges determine why your advertisement deserves high marks.
The Judging Process
An impartial panel of judges who are experts from within the industry selects winners. Entries are judged on concept, layout, overall design execution, and communication of the ad’s overall objective.
A group of judges begins by individually comparing all the entries in a category. They may take a preliminary review of that group of entries, and then score the entries one by one, using the provided ballot. They do not discuss the entries during this phase of the process, and they do not see other judges’ score sheets. Once a category is completed, the ballots are collected and tallied. A score for each entry is obtained by averaging the judges’ scores. The highest average score obtained, providing the project represents at least a “better than average approach or result,” determines the BUZZ Winner for each category.
2017 BUZZ Awards Rules & Guidelines
Deadline: by Friday October 13th, 2017 by 11:00am.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you would like to enter. You will then receive a Dropbox folder to save your information. Fill out your BUZZ awards request form per category. Complete and return your request form with your credit card payment form, by email to email@example.com by 11:00 a.m. October 13, 2017.
- NARI members in good standing are eligible for individual entries for a fee of $125 per entry. Enter three or more entries for $100 per entry. All entry fees are nonrefundable, non-transferable, and cannot be carried over to subsequent years.
The Awards Committee has made every effort to make this competition fair, open, and available to all NARI members in good standing. It is important that the rules of the competition are closely followed. The Austin NARI Awards Committee and BUZZ Judges reserve the right to disqualify, adjust the category, or deduct points from any entry that does not follow these rules and guidelines, without prior notice.